Tuesday, March 13, 2007

365 Days in a Year.

Tonight, I was sitting at home watching All Saints on TV, and an advertisement that I hadn't seen for about a year came on. It's an ad for a shopping centre, and it shows a woman twirling around from shop to shop trying on clothes, eating lunch, browsing a cd shop, etc. In one particular part, the girl tries on a red dress, and I have to say, I wouldn't mind looking a little more like her in the bum and thighs department.
What's the point? Well, last year I remember looking at the ad, and thinking the exact same thing. I wouldnt mind my body being more like hers.
Notice how these two thoughts are a year apart. A year has passed since I last saw that ad, and had that thought. A year that I could have spent working out and eating well. A year in which I probably gained weight. A year that I could have spent making sure that the next time I saw the ad, I wouldn't be thinking the same thing as one year ago.
We don't get a whole lot of time on the earth. I don't want to waste any more years feeling uncomfortable with my weight but doing nothing about it. So, I am making a pledge to myself.

I pledge, that I will do everything in my power to have solved my weight problem by the end of this year.

I already have an account on www.sparkpeople.com (a brilliant website for anybody who wants to lose weight in a healthy, lifestyle-change-as-opposed-to-diet way), and I go to the gym a fair bit. I've lost 3 out of 10kg since the beginning of the year, so I think it is realistic to aim to lose 7kg before the end of the year.

Weight issues aside, today really was a good day.
I got 100% in a test for which the average was 64%, and 90% in a Lit essay (the average was around 65-70%). Happy!

No comments: